- The White Plains Library is hosting "Kindergarten Here I Come" today from noon to 5 p.m. This 18 minute video is designed to generate excitement about starting kindergarten. There will be an all-day continuous showing in the Cave alternating in both English and Spanish. Call Rosemary Rasmussen at (914) 422-1476 for more information. The White Plains Library is located at 100 Martine Ave.
- Congregation Kol Ami, located at 252 Soundview Ave. in White Plains, is hosting a Rosh Hashanah Family Service today from 3:15 p.m. to 4 p.m. A community Tashlich is scheduled 5:45 p.m. at the entrance of the Burke Memorial Hospital. The hospital is located at 785 Mamaroneck Ave. Go here for more information.
- The Burke Rehabilitation Hospital in White Plains is hosting an adaptive sports and fitness seminar today at 5 p.m. on its main campus, located at 785 Mamaroneck Avenue in White Plains.The event will include representatives from Burke, Achilles International, NSCIA, and the National Multiple Sclerosis Society. Dinner is included. Pre-registration is required. For more information or to register, please contact Alexandra Oudheusden, Director of Therapeutic Recreation at 914-597-2248 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Thursday's skies will be partly cloudy, with temperatures in the low- to mid-70s, according to the National Weather Service. There is a 20-percent chance of rain.
- WESPAC is hosting an emergency mobilization against military action in Syria Friday at 5 p.m. The group will meet at the Plaza Fountain in White Plains, located at the intersection of Main Street and Mamaroneck Avenue, and then march to U.S. Rep Nita Lowey’s office in White Plains. The group will then head to the Federal Courthouse before returning to the fountain for a 24 hour encampment. Go here to sign up.