- The White Plains Library is hosting its Job Club discussion series today at 10:30 a.m. Career counselors Ginny Ruder and Rose Macom will lead the ongoing weekly job club include writing resumes and cover letters, preparing for an interview, using the Internet and social media with the library's resources to conduct a job search and tips on developing a strong professional network. It is recommended that people attend the entire series, but participants can come when they are able. The White Plains Library is located at 100 Martine Ave.
- The White Plains Library is hosting “Make Beats with iPads,” a class where teens can learn how to produce music on an iPad today from 3:30 p.m. to 4:30 p.m. Novices interested in learning and experienced beatmakers are welcome to attend and find out how to use modern iPad music apps to create songs. There are only seven spots available and admission is based on arrival time. Call Austin Olney at (914)422-6999 for more information..
- Pepe Infiniti, located at 300 Central Ave. in White Plains, is hosting “Stories, Sips & Specialties,” an epicurean adventure featuring local restaurants, breweries and wine distributors today at 5:30 p.m.. Come and have a taste of what’s new and different while listening to live music and finding great deals on exclusive experiences, services and products on the silent auction. There will also be a presentation by notable fashion designers Marteal & Estrada of White Plains, featuring fabric infused with artwork from the Kids X-Press magazine. Proceeds from the evening benefit Kids X-Press, a nonprofit organization devoted to giving children the opportunity to express themselves and to see their names in print. At the event, Kids X-Press will present the Touch the Sky award to several students who have participated in Kids X-Press programs and have shown great promise and creativity.
- Universal Open House “Touring Tuesdays” for Catholic Schools of Central Westchester in the Archdiocese of New York Prospective families are invited to visit Catholic elementary schools in the Central Westchester County Region during Touring Tuesday, our universal open house day.Reservations are required for a tour at any of these Catholic schools on today, from 9 a.m. to 11 a.m., or by appointment. Call to RSVP for any participating school listed below at (646)794-2885 or visit www.BuildBoldFutures.org. Additional dates are scheduled for Nov. 19, Feb. 11, March 11 and May 13.
- Temperatures are expected to in the mid 60s today, according to the National Weather Service.
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.Write a new post...What do you want to share?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something