- Drive carefully. Snow and slippery roads are expected to greet commuters this morning.
- The White Plains Common Council's vote on the findings statement for the French American School of New York was postponed until next week.
- Batteries Plus Bulbs of White Plains will be donating 25 percent of all retail sales generated today to the American Red Cross’s Typhoon Haiyan relief efforts. Franchise owners Eros and Jennifer Corpus, both born in the Philippines, will be holding the day-long charity event to give back to the Philippines and help those in need. From 8 a.m. to 8 p.m., customers can stop by Batteries Plus Bulbs to either stock up on essential batteries and light bulbs or purchase supplies needed for holiday gifts such as toys, digital cameras and mobile devices, and know that a portion of their sales will be donated back to a worthy cause. Snacks and refreshments will also be provided throughout the day.
- The Digital Arts Experience, Over 40 Females Westchester County Chapter and WestchesterMommy.com are teaming up Tuesday for an event benefiting Toys for Tots and The Children's Museum of Westchester. From 6 p.m. to 8 p.m., people are invited to stop by the DAE to make business connections and new friends, sip wine, do a little shopping, win fabulous raffle prizes, have fun, promote your business, exchange business cards and more. Bring a toy for free admission. RSVP to NYOver40Female@aol.com. Space is limited. Go here for more information.
- Westchester County Executive Robert P. Astorino has announced that Westchester County has teamed up with the National Football League and the NY/NJ Super Bowl Host Committee on the Super Kids-Super Sharing project, which puts books, sports equipment and school supplies into the hands of local children in need. Local schools have been invited to join in the effort and the county will also provide several free, one-day passes to Playland to each Westchester County school that signs up and participates. More information about the initiative can be found here.
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something