- White Plains is holding a Sept. 11 Honor Service today at 8 a.m. at Liberty Park, the site of the City’s permanent memorial for the residents of White Plains who were killed during the terrorist attacks. The event will include a flag raising, wreath laying, a musical tribute performed by the Police Emerald Society of Westchester Pipers & Drummers, a moment of silence and poem reading.
- Westchester County will commemorate the 12th anniversary of Sept. 11, 2001, tonight at 7 p.m. at The Rising, the county’s 9/11 memorial at the Kensico Dam in Valhalla. County Executive Robert Astorino, other elected officials and families of Westchester residents who died in the World Trade Center are expected to attend. A highlight of this year’s ceremony will be the dedication of a Ground Zero beam, which will be permanently placed at The Rising.
- SCORE Westchester is hosting a workshop on using email and social media to grow your business today, from 1 p.m. to 3 p.m. Ellen Williams will lead the workshop, which is free. Participants will walk through Accompanied by a short workbook, you will be guided through a process of creating a digital marketing strategy that is unique to their business or organization. Click here to register. SCORE Westchester is located at 120 Bloomingdale Rd. in White Plains.
- The White Plains Library is hosting a poetry slam and open mic today at 6:30 p.m. as part of its "1st Wednesday" series. Slammers should bring one original poem of up to 3 minutes. Registration closes promptly at 7. The event is co-hosted by local poet and slammaster, Eric Zork Alan. Refreshments served. Contact program librarian Miriam Varian at (914) 422-6980 or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information. Poetry Slam is a project of the White Plains Library Foundation. The White Plains Library is located 100 Martine Ave.
- City Center 15: Cinema de Lux, located at 19 Mamaroneck Avenue in White Plains, is hosting a special one-time screening of the film "Out of the Clear Blue Sky" tonight at 7 p.m. The documentary tell the behind-the-scenes story of Wall Street powerhouse Cantor Fitzgerald and their loss of 658 employees in the 9/11 attacks. Tickets cost $13.50 and can be purchased here.