- The Westchester Jewish Community Services, located at 845 N. Broadway in White Plains, is hosting its “Women-Helping-Women Free Time Management: Boot Camp for Job Seekers Workshop” today at 9:30 a.m. This workshop will examine apply time management principles to the job search in today’s world, where change is the norm. In this environment, developing strategies for getting everything done, while maintaining balance and quality of life, is more important than ever. Is the job search a ‘full time job?” Presented by: Ettie Shapiro, LCSW, ACC, Principal, Coaching Results. For more information on Women-Helping-Women, contact Director Lenore Rosenbaum, 914-761-0600 x 308 or email@example.com.
- Grace Episcopal Church, located at 33 Church St. in White Plains, is hosting its “Noonday Getaway Concert” series todday at noon. This week’s performer is pianist Juyeon Kang, who is making her debut at Grace with performances of "Joyful Dances, The Music of Beethoven, Piazzola, Debussy, and Chopin". A Steinway artist, Kang has brought her exquisite sound and formidable technique to audiences around the world. The event is free and open to the public.
- Robert Cioffi, CEO of Progressive Computing (PCI), a computer consulting and network installation, design and maintenance firm serving clients from offices in Westchester County and Manhattan, is presenting a seminar on IT security today inside The Microsoft Store, located at 125 Westchester Ave. in White Plains, from 4:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m.. The event will include a question and answer period. Light refreshments will be served.
- The White Plains PTA is holding a special needs workshop today at 7 p.m. inside the White Plains High School Media Center, located at 550 North St. The workshop which is free and open to the public, will teach strategies on how to better prepare parents and children for all that lies ahead! this school year. Learn strategies to increase student engagement, balance schedules, and lower frustration levels. The presenter is Susan Varsames of the Holistic Learning Center.
- The Westchester County Association is hosting a debate today between the candidate’s of this year’s County Executive race. Republican incumbent Rob Astorino will square off against Democratic challenger, New Rochelle Mayor Noam Bramson, from 5:30 p.m. to 7 p.m. at the 1133 Westchester Ave. The event will be moderated by veteran political journalist Steve Scott, host of WCBS 880’s “Eye on Politics,” and will be broadcast on lohud.com.
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.Write a new post...What do you want to share?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something