Come one, come all to downtown White Plains this New Year’s Eve! Mayor Thomas M. Roach today announced that the City of White Plains, in cooperation with the White Plains Business Improvement District, will ring in the New Year in a spectacular style on Main Street between Court Street and Renaissance Square.
This free outdoor event will be held on Monday, December 31 and will feature:
- Celebration Entertainment DJ music from 10:00 p.m. - 11:00 p.m.
- A musical performance beginning at 11:00 p.m. by “The Showtime Dance Band.”
- A fabulous crowd countdown, illuminated ball drop, and a midnight fireworks display by the Zambelli Company.
“White Plains is the place to be on New Year’s Eve. The City’s New Year’s Eve Family Spectacular has become a fun and exciting tradition for so many who live in White Plains and throughout Westchester County," said White Plains Mayor Thomas Roach. "I am looking forward to another successful event and invite all residents to come to downtown White Plains, have dinner, meet up with friends, and join us for this local, family-friendly celebration.”
Dozens of local businesses are also sponsoring the event.
In addition, for the 9th year, Heineken USA will sponsor the “New Year Safe Ride Program.” This program is designed to help Westchester residents arrive home safely from their New Year’s Eve celebrations.
Look for the “New Year Safe Ride” stand on the corner of East Post Road and Mamaroneck Avenue from 11:00 p.m. – 3:00 a.m. A dedicated fleet of 30 cars provided by On Time Transport will be available to transport persons 21 years and older to residential locations in Westchester County.
Also, be aware that the Department of Public Safety has announced that the following street closures will be in effect for the celebration:
- Main Street at Martin Luther King, Jr. Blvd: 3:00 p.m. – 3:00 a.m.
- Court Street at Martine Ave.: 3:00 p.m. – 3:00 a.m.
- Renaissance Square: 5:00 p.m. – 3:00 a.m.
- Mamaroneck Avenue Northbound: 10:00 p.m. – 1:00 a.m.
- Martine Avenue Westbound: 10:00 p.m. – 1:00 a.m.
- Martine Luther King, Jr. Blvd at Martine Avenue (Northbound): 11:30 p.m. – 1:00 a.m.
This article was contributed by the City of White Plains.