Teens Run Westchester (TRW) is a 501c-3 nonprofit organization and the only program of its kind in Westchester County, NY. We utilize distance running as a teacher and motivator to encourage success, leadership and healthy lifestyles. We partner young people- students in our schools as well as participants in local teen and youth programs – with caring and inspiring adult mentors that guide them as they train for endurance events such as 5K, 10K runs and even half marathons. This powerful combination empowers them in all areas of their lives while improving their health and wellness.
For more information, please check our website atwww.teensrunwestchester.org
For recent press, please take a look: http://yonkers.dailyvoice.com/news/teens-run-yonkers-group-building-future-leaders
Teens Run Westchester mentors, known as Running Leaders, work with teens as they take on one of the most rewarding adventures of their lives: training for and completing a 5K, 10K half or even full marathon. They are true mentors taking novice runners and inspiring them to “go farther” as athletes, students and community leaders. They (or possibly you!) are truly the soul of the Teens Run Westchester program
We look to our Running Leaders to do the following:
- Be a positive role model
- Train with runners (or fast walkers) – run/walking is fine. You just to be there by their side to encourage and cheer them on!
- Share yourself beyond running – become a friend and partner in their development and growth both on the road and off the road (or trails)
- HAVE FUN!
And don't worry if some of this is new to you - we provide training, ongoing support and coaching.
- Lead a minimum of one practice per week (we have them in the morning, evening and weekends)
- Attend our introductory orientation which is held every Monday at 5:30
- Attend monthly Running Leader meetings
- Attend occasional Running Leader social and night outs
IMPORTANT: You need to be able to commit to all of the above. We wish we could make exceptions but have found that we can’t do what we do without everyone sharing these experiences.
To apply, please contact email@example.com or call 914-751-8085. We look forward to hearing from you!