100 Restaurants to Be On Hand for Grand Tastings, Burger & Beer Bash,
Cooking Demonstrations, Winemakers’ Dinner and Much More
World Renowned Wine Expert Kevin Zraly to teach seminars
The Journal News and Ritz Carlton, Westchester
Are Title Sponsors, Pernod Ricard to Provide Spirits
Westchester Magazine today announced the plans for its Second Annual Wine & Food Weekend to be held May 17-20 in White Plains, NY.
The largest gathering of restaurants at a single event in Westchester history, the 2012 Wine & Food Weekend will feature the region's most celebrated chefs, critically acclaimed restaurants, the hottest new specialty food products, more than 120 top wine vintages from around the world and specialty cocktails served in a spectacular spirits lounge.
From tastings to seminars with world-renowned experts, from celebrity chef demonstrations to the spectacular Winemakers Dinner, from a Burgers, BBQ and Beer Bash to ’s ArtsBash, this year’s Wine & Food Weekend offers foodies and oenophiles alike four days to savor the region’s finest food and the world's best wines.
This year The Journal News has joined , as the event’s title sponsors, while Pernod Ricard, whose U.S. headquarters is in White Plains, will be the exclusive spirits provider for the event.
SCHEDULE OF EVENTS
BURGERS, BBQ AND BEER BASH – Thursday evening May 17, 7:30-11pm
- Twenty local restaurants will serve popular food favorites with a gourmet twist at this opening outdoor event in downtown White Plains, new to this year’s Wine & Food Weekend. Burgers, BBQ wings, “street foods” and other favorites will be featured.
- Complementary beer pairings by Manhattan Beer Distributors will enhance the foods, and live music by Evan Watson and the Headless Horsemen will set the tone for an exciting weekend to come.
- This event is in partnership with the Proceeds will benefit the .
ARTSBASH – Friday evening May 18, 6-9pm
- Westchester Magazine will join ARTSWestchester on Friday evening at its Annual ARTSBash, to be held at the Arts Exchange, 31 Mamaroneck Avenue in White Plains, to officially kick off the Wine & Food Weekend. Tickets are available through www.artswestchester.org.
GRAND TASTINGS – Saturday May 19 (11:30am-4pm) & Sunday May 20 (12-4:30pm)
- The weekend shifts into high gear at The Ritz-Carlton, Westchester. The hotel’s stunning grand ballroom will be the setting for a gastronomic sampling Grand Tastings showcase with food offerings from 60 of Westchester’s best restaurants, 30 each day, along with more than 120 fine wines from across the world as well as selected top-shelf spirits.
WINE SEMINARS & COCKTAIL CLINICS – Saturday and Sunday, May 19-20
- Noted author, lecturer and wine expert Kevin Zraly, Wine Director at Windows on the World in the World Trade Center from 1976-2001, returns to teach two all-new seminars: Exploring Bordeaux and The Wine Magic of Tuscany.
- Also returning are the experts from Riedel Crystal who will share how the shape of a glass impacts the taste of the wine. Additional wine and spirits seminars will be announced. Wine seminars and cocktail clinics will take place during the Grand Tasting sessions.
CELEBRITY CHEF DEMONSTRATIONS – Saturday and Sunday, May 19-20
- Learn how to cook from the pros themselves! A rolling program of live cooking demonstrations by prominent chefs preparing their signature dishes will be held throughout the Grand Tasting sessions. Learn cooking secrets from the masters and sample their freshly cooked dishes.
THE WINEMAKERS DINNER – Saturday evening May 19, 6:30-10:30pm
- The highlight of the weekend, the Winemakers’ Dinner is a formal event catered by Westchester’s best chefs and honoring two leaders from the world of wine and food.
- Set in the Grand Ballroom, this unique fine dining experience features food and wine pairings created and prepared by six of the Hudson Valley's most distinguished chefs led by Honorary Dinner Chair, Chef Peter X. Kelly of Xaviars Restaurant Group.
- Proceeds from the dinner will benefit ArtsWestchester and the Westchester Coalition for the Hungry & Homeless.
- Seating is limited for this very special occasion and tickets must be purchased online in advance (see below for ticket information)
SPARKLING SUNDAY BRUNCH - Sunday, May 20, 11:30am-2:30pm
- Add a little sparkle to your Sunday morning with brunch at 42, The Restaurant. Enjoy passed hors d’oeuvres, a smoked salmon station, buffet and a carving station complimented by an outstanding sparkling wine.
- A chocolate fountain and assorted desserts will give a sweet ending to your meal.
“Our Second Annual Wine & Food Weekend takes off where last year’s inaugural event left off,” said Ralph A. Martinelli, Publisher of Westchester Magazine.
“Last year’s event was an overwhelming success and went far beyond what we have hoped for in our first year. For 2012 we’ve kept the best of what we began last year and have expanded our programs, our foods and our wines to create what will be a truly world-class event. This year’s event brings together more restaurants, chefs, wines, spirits, classes and tastings and tremendous partners. All of us at Westchester Magazine are proud to again bring this signature event to Westchester County.”
For information, tickets for all events including the Winemakers Dinner and updates on additional events go to www.westchestermagazine.com/wineweekend. For sponsorship information contact Tracy Lasher at (914) 345-0601, ext. 146, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.