WHITE PLAINS, NY, OCTOBER 16, 2013 – Simon’s The Galleria at White Plains is in the midst of a significant retail rejuvenation as it has welcomed 11 new stores with plans to announce two new merchants before the end of 2013. The additions have resulted in approximately 50,000 square-feet of existing space that has been refreshed with exciting brands and concepts.
“We are extremely pleased with the new retailers we’ve welcomed so far this year as well as the promise of what’s on the horizon for The Galleria at White Plains,” commented Paula Kelliher, director of mall marketing for The Galleria at White Plains. “From fitness to fashion and accessories, the additions have helped curate a center full of diverse stores and eateries for shoppers to discover and enjoy.”
Among the stores recently opened at The Galleria at White Plains include:
- Vans, Fashion Level 2: The original action sports footwear company and leading lifestyle brand for today’s market, Vans has opened a 3,039 square-foot location at The Galleria at White Plains. Vans collections include men’s and women’s active performance footwear, apparel and accessories. Child and infant sizing is also available. Vans supports and promotes the action sports lifestyle through events such as Vans Triple Crown of Surfing, the Vans Downtown Showdown and the Vans Warped Tour™.
- Zumiez, Fashion Level 2: Action-packed sports participants and streetwear enthusiasts will find all of their apparel and equipment needs when The Galleria of White Plains welcomes Zumiez. The new 2,672 square-foot store will offer a wide variety of merchandise for skateboarders, snowboarders, alike, including equipment, boots, boards and snow bindings as well as apparel, outerwear, footwear and accessories. Geared toward young men and women between the ages of 12 and 24, the specialty store carries a number of popular brand names such as Obey, Diamond Apparel, the Hundreds, Crooks and Castles and Nike.
· Stride Rite, Fashion Level 1: Stride Rite licensed products leverage an 84-year-old heritage of manufacturing and marketing trusted, high quality products that are geared to children ages six months to seven years old. The 2,100 square-foot location at The Galleria at White Plains is the only corporately owned and operated store offering its full merchandise offerings within a 10 mile trade area.
· P.S. from Aéropostale, Fashion Level 2: Aéropostale, Inc., a mall-based specialty retailer of casual apparel for young women and men, has recently opened a brand new 3,084 square-foot location at The Galleria at White Plains. Loved by kids and endorsed by mom, P.S. from Aéropostale offers trend-right fashion at compelling values for girls and boys ages four to fourteen.
- Famous Footwear, Fashion Level 1: Famous Footwear recently opened in a new 4,608 square-foot location, carrying the hottest brands of men’s, women’s and children’s footwear for all occasions, as well as accessory items and shoe-care products.
- Garage, Garden Level: Created in Montreal, Garage first opened its doors in 1975, aspiring to deliver casual, affordable, quality clothing to fun-loving teenage girls. The consistent delivery of effortlessly stylish looks that speak to the target market's free spirit and casual lifestyle has solidified Garage's position as the number one national brand among Canadian teenage girls. The new retailer features its merchandise in a 3,413 square-foot location at The Galleria at White Plains.
- rue21, Fashion Level 2: A specialty retailer offering the newest emerging fashion trends in apparel for teens and twenty-somethings, rue21 carries an array of clothing, outerwear, footwear, jewelry, handbags and other accessories, as well as fragrances, cosmetics and novelties, all in a 4,567 square-foot location.
- Blink Fitness, Main Street Level: Blink Fitness takes a refreshingly new approach to the work out environment. Fast, convenient and affordable, Blink Fitness features a state-of-the-art cardio and strength equipment, easy-to-use workout menus and a friendly, welcoming staff. Gym goers are already enjoying its clean and modern 17,500 square-foot location at The Galleria at White Plains.
- Verizon Wireless, Fashion Level 1: The nation's leading provider of wireless communications has recently opened up a 1,492 square-foot location at The Galleria at White Plains. Shoppers will find a complete selection of cell phones and accessories along with knowledgeable sales staff to provide information about service plans. Verizon Wireless has the largest nationwide wireless voice and data network with over 100 million customers.
· iFix and Repair, Fashion Level 1: iFix and Repair specializes in repairs for smart phones, game consoles and computers and is squarely focused on providing an exceptional shopping experience for every customer. In addition to its menu of services, shoppers will find a wide assortment of accessories and can even trade in their used devices for instant cash at the 1,245 square-foot location.
- The Linen Closet, Garden Level: The Linen Closet carries everything needed to bring decorative and functional essentials and beyond to furnish homes and surroundings. The 2,904 square-foot location offers a wide variety of housewares including linens, kitchen utensils, curtains, pillows and more.
One of the more highly anticipated changes to the retail mix at The Galleria at White Plains comes with the expansion of H&M, which is currently under renovation. H&M will remain open during the construction period; shoppers will have access to the retailer’s existing space on Fashion Level 2. When completed in spring 2014, the location will become a two-level store comprising approximately 30,000 square-feet servicing men and women’s clothing lines over a much larger merchandise selection.
team at The Galleria at White Plains has worked extremely hard to attract impact
tenants to all four levels of the mall,” commented Justin Stein, leasing
representative for Simon Property Group’s Northeast Region. “As a result of that effort, shoppers will
find all their desired brands under one roof. It's our mission to
continue to bring in both regional and national tenants to the mix to enhance
the overall shopping experience for our customers. “
The Galleria at White Plains is located in the heart of the White Plains business district and is managed by Simon Property Group, Inc., headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana. A multi-level super regional mall, it is anchored by Sears, Macy’s and H&M and has over 130 specialty stores. Shoppers will experience unsurpassed customer service with amenities including strollers and complimentary wheelchairs. For more information, visit www.simon.com. Visit www.thegalleriaatwhiteplains.com for the latest mall events and retailer updates. The Galleria is on Facebook –https://www.facebook.com/TheGalleriaAtWhitePlains. Follow the mall on Twitter too: @ShopGalleriaWP.
# # #