1) Do you know how to comprehend all of the local market data to best understand what is a good value, current trends, and absorption rates?
2) Are you familiar with a common residential real estate contract and how to interpret various clauses to protect yourself from making common buyer mistakes?
3) Do you know what not to say to the seller to hurt your negotiating position?
4) Do you know the zoning regulations, building codes, and any other laws pertaining to real estate in the area you desire?
5) Are you familiar with the various loan types and special programs that you may qualify for?
6) Do you have the expertise to negotiate on your own behalf, especially if the seller has an agent negotiating for them?
7) Are you familiar with all of the documentation that is needed to complete a transaction in your desired area?
There is typically no fee for the expert services of a Westchester County Buyers Agent, the seller almost always pays the commission. There are times that a buyer can pay a commission if it is mutually agreed upon when signing buyers agency agreement. Many of items can be negotiated in a Buyers Agency contract, the amount of time you work with your Agent, specific areas, specific homes, etc. Don't be afraid of the agreement, it's there to protect the both of you.Make sure they properly explains the agreement and the entire process to you so that you fully understand. All agents in NY are Sellers Agents (even if they don't know the seller or represent a sellers listing) unless otherwise specified by signing a 443 Agency Disclosure form (this is not a contract, but a requirement at first substantive contact), or an Exclusive Right to Represent contract.