Long gas lines have become the norm in the last few days as one of the many post Hurricane Sandy effects have been a limited number of gas stations who have power and a supply of gasoline in their tanks.
As more and more residents grow concerned about where to fill up, Patch is putting together a list of stations in our area that are open.
Please add to this list in the comments section below by telling us the name of the station and where it is located.
Keep in mind that some places are putting restrictions on how much gas you can buy, like in the City of Yonkers, where all gas stations are on a 10 gallon limit per customer.
Know of a station open with fuel? Add it to the comments section.
Yonkers-As of 10:00 a.m.
- Mobil Station - Kimball Ave. and Midland Ave. - NO GAS
- Ardsley Service Station - Off the Northbound side of the NYS Thruway
- BP - 619 Tuckahoe Rd.
- Luke Oil - Northbound Central Park Ave. and Midland Ave.
- Shell Gas - Southbound Central Park Ave and Midland Ave.
- Gulf - Tuckahoe Rd. and Mile Square Rd.
- Mobil - Tuckahoe Rd and Mile Square Rd.
Bronxville-As of 10:00 a.m.
- Bronxville Garage - 42 Palmer Ave - No Gas
Eastchester-As of 10:00 a.m.
- Gulf Oil - 381 White Plains Rd.
- Mobil - 407 White Plains Rd. - NO GAS
Valhalla-As of 11:30 a.m.
- Shell Station: 85 Virginia Rd. HAS GAS
White Plains-As of 2:30 p.m.
- Citgo: North Broadway. HAS GAS-Long lines.
- Ro-Ro Automotive: North Broadway. HAS GAS-Long lines.
- Westchester Ave: The Mobil and BP at the S Kensico intersection are both closed and out of gas.
- Lake St: The Citgo near S Kensico is open and has gas. The line is wrapping around onto Eastview. The main entrance is blocked off by police. The Getty across the street does not have gas, parked cars are blocking the entrance.
- Mamaroneck Ave: There are three gas stations open near the S Broadway intersection. Mobil, Citgo and Celestino's are currently open. The line into Mobil and Citgo are blocks long. The line into Celestino's is much shorter.
Rivertowns (click here for updates)
- Lambros Service Station – 1 N. Broadway, Irvington (914) 591-6766
- Texaco Food Mart - 1 Enterprise Blvd., Yonkers (914) 376-6714 ($40 limit)
- Manor Auto Service Center - 135 Shore Rd, Pelham Manor (914) 738-9851
- Sunoco- 50 Lincoln Ave. Pelham (914) 738-1666 (long line)
- Mobil- 30 Lincoln Ave. Closed.
- Citgo, Getty, Gulf - Neither of these Fifth Ave. stations appeared to have gasoline for sale. Repair bays open.
- Exxon- 415 E. Sandford Ave. Mt Vernon. Long lines, has gas. Police directing traffic.