- White Plains Presbyterian Church, located at 39 N. Broadway in White Plains, is hosting a tag sale from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Friday.
- The White Plains Performing Arts Center is showing of the play THE 39 STEPS through Sunday, Oct. 27. The play adapted, by Patrick Barlow from the novel by John Buchan, is based on the movie of Alfred Hitchcock with an original concept by Nobby Dimon and Simon Corble. Tickets cost $25 for students in high school and younger and $37.50 for adults. To order tickets call (914)328-1600 or online at www.wppac.com. Friday and Saturday's shows begins at 8 p.m. and Sunday's shows starts at 2 p.m.
- The Womans Club of White Plains Foundation, located at 305 Ridgeway in White Plains, is hosting Corks and Forks 2013, an evening of fabulous food and spirits, from 7 p.m. to 11 p.m.. Proceeds from the event, which costs $95 per person, will benefit Gilda’s Club Westchester and The Woman’s Club of White Plains Foundation. Go here for more information.
- St. Bartholomew's Church, located at 82 Prospect Street, between Sterling and Soundview avenues in White Plains is hosting its annual rummage from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m Saturday.
- The New York School for the Deaf, located at 555 Knollwood Rd. in White Plains, is hosting its "Fanwood's Halloween Spooktacular" from 11 a.m. to 9 p.m. Saturday. The fundraising event will feature Halloween events for children of all ages, including Crafts, games, bounce castle, costumes and more. The event costs $5 per person, but is free for all Fanwood students
- Mark Slouka, whose sixth book "Brewster," has received high praise from readers and critics alike, will appear at the White Pains Library Sunday at 2 p.m. All welcome for this free event, which will feature book signings, refreshments, door prizes, networking and more. The White Plains Library is located at 100 Martine Ave.
- Heartsong, Inc., located at 277 Martine Avenue, Suite 230 in White Plains, is hosting its first annual Resource Fair at noon Sunday to help connect individuals and families alike to local services that are essential to foster happy and healthy lives. The participating vendors will be representing various needs including, respite care, social skill building and employment/job skill building. This event is free and open to any person or family with special needs.
- The New Westchester Symphony Orchestra is presenting its fall concert Sunday at 3 p.m. inside the White Plains Presbyterian Church, 39 North Broadway in White Plains. The program which includes: Beethoven Symphony No. 5, Mov't 1; Dvorak Slovanic Dance Op. 72 No. 8; Elgar Enigma Variations VIII & IX; Puccini O Mio Babbino & Nessun Dorma and Handel Hallelujah - sing-along. Tickets, cost $10 for general admission and $15 for stage seating, can be purchased at http://newsymphony.org/concerts.html. Call (914) 260-1811 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.Write a new post...What do you want to share?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something