Want to show your Valentine that you care, but can’t afford the price tag that comes along with flowers, jewelry and a night out to dinner?
Don’t worry, there are some creative and cheap (but still romantic) ways to tell that special someone that you care…
Cheap and romantic Valentine’s Day gift alternatives to fit into your budget!:
1. Instead of flowers… surprise your loved one with breakfast in bed! Nothing says “I love you” like waking up to someone’s favorite home cooked breakfast! Add a few flowers (hand picked or bought as singles from a florist) in a vase to add to the romance!
2. Try dinner on a discount… Scout through daily deal sites (but first read my blog post about the pros and cons of these sites) and find a voucher for a resturant near you. This way you can still show that special someone you care enough to take them someplace special, but save yourself a decent amount on the check. Warning, before buying the deal make sure it is valid on Valentine’s Day, if not try postponing the dinner until the next day or following weekend!
3. Skip dinner, go for dessert… If you don’t want to spend the extra money for the sitter or can’t get a deal or reservations to a restaurant consider making a homemade dinner and then finishing it off by going out for dessert! Valentine’s Day has always been about the chocolate so try a dessert café or bakery near you for some romantic and delicious after dinner treats!
4. Instead of buying chocolates… make chocolate covered strawberries, pretzels, pineapples, or anything else your sweetie might enjoy dipped in chocolate. It’s simple and can be less expensive then a box of chocolates, plus it is much more romantic and thoughtful! If you want to expand on this idea, try making heart shaped cookies, cake, pancakes or whatever else your partner would enjoy!
5. Think outside of the jewelry box… Jewelry is often pricey (especially around the holiday), consider thinking about a cheaper and more practical gift to get for your Valentine. Have they been asking, hinting or complaining about something they really need but don’t have the time or money to buy themselves? Pick it up for them and gift it to them with a romantic card. It shows you care (and listen) as much as buying them a necklace, watch or ring that they might not get as much use out of!
6. Give relaxation as a gift (on the cheap)… Scope out the local daily deal sites and try to find a cheap deal to a spa, massage parlor or beauty parlor to give your special someone the ‘me time’ they most desperately need. If the deal is cheap enough consider buying two and making it a date!
Already planned out your Valentine’s Day? Keep these ideas in mind for your anniversary or your significant other’s birthday!
What are you doing for your sweetheart this Valentine’s Day? Let us know!
Leslie H. Tayne, Esq. founder of The Law Offices of Leslie H. Tayne, P.C., assists consumers and individuals with the resolution of their unsecured debts. The firm’s flexible and well established policies and procedures have helped thousands of individuals lead a debt-free life. Law Offices of Leslie H. Tayne, P.C. has offices in Long Island, White Plains, Mount Kisco and New York City. For more information, call 1-914-301-3300 or visit www.attorney-newyork.com