Let’s face it—everyone likes being a know-it-all. Arm yourself with knowledge and find out what’s happening this week in White Plains.
Monday, March 5
- The White Plains Common Council will hold its March meeting at 7:30 p.m. at , 255 Main St. Click for the agenda.
- The Westchester County chapter of the will host its free support group for Iraq and Afghanistan War veterans, held every Monday at the White Plains Public Library at 7 p.m. Click for more information.
Tuesday, March 6
- Stop by the thrift shop at the between 9:30 a.m. and 4:45 p.m. for a good bargain. Click for more information.
- will holds its fourth and fifth grade science fair from 9:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. and again from 6:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. in the gym.
- The will offer a free six week program on communicating for bi-lingual mothers and daughters who are between the ages of 12-17-year-olds. Click for more information.
Wednesday, March 7
- The Girl Scouts of the USA will celebrate their 100th anniversary with the American Assoication of University Women in at 300 E. Main St. in Elmsford at 10:30 a.m. Click for more information.
- Get a glimpse of the obsessive art form of collage at the . Click for more on the “Piecing It Together” exhibit.
- The PTA Council for Special Needs Committee will hold its meeting at 7 p.m. in the media center.
Thursday, March 8
- will hold its Thursday morning story time with “Toe” who will also lead children in a sing-a-long. Click for more information.
- ’s PTA will give a curriculum update at its meeting from 7:30 p.m. to 9:30 p.m. at White Plains High School.
Friday, March 9
- It is Jump Rope for Heart Day at
- The second marking period ends for White Plains elementary schools.
- A tree training session will be held for local landscapers who want to learn the easy environmentally beneficial practice of grasscycling. The event it as 11 a.m. at 85 Gedney Way. Click for more information on this practice, which puts nutrients back into the soil.
- Have a Lenten lunch, at the spirituality center living room on the , on Fridays during lent. You can enjoy a simple meal, a spiritual reading and contemplation from 12 p.m. to 1 p.m. The suggested donation is $6. Click for more information.
- Daylight savings starts today so be sure to turn your clock forward one hour. The White Plains Fire Department reminds you to change the battery in your smoke alarm at the same time you change your clocks. Click for more information.
Did we leave something out? Add it in the comments.