An anonymous donor who gifted $5,000 to the White Plains City School District was among six people or organizations who contributed cash or school supplies to City schools this month.
The district's board of education accepted the gifts at this month's public meeting.
The donations are as follows:
- An announymous donor gifted $5,000 to be used in the district's elementary schools.
- The Foundation for Public Education in White Plains provided $2,500 for scholarships to the district's Advanced College Experience (ACE) program.
- Randal Holden donated $1,000 for the Stephen Holden Jr. Scholarship.
- James Kurtz ($500) and Robert Kurtz ($5,000) each contributed to the Margaret Kurtz Memorial Scholarship.
- Girl Scout Troup 1983 donated 17 backpacks and other school supplies.
- Mitch Gueran donated a CD player to Ridgeway School.
White Plains Schools Superintendent Chris Clouet thanked the donors for their contributions at this month's meeting.