- White Plains Public Library, located at 100 Martine Ave., is holding a meeting today at 4:30 p.m. to restart the Teen Advisory Group. Teens are invited to come and give their input for library programs, books, movies and more.
- The Business Council of Westchester is hosting its “Business after Business” networking event Tuesday at the C.V. Rich Mansion, located at 305 Ridgeway in White Plains. The event, which starts at 5 p.m., will provide an opportunity to network with more than 100 business owners and professionals. Greg Chartier, an executive board member of the council and author of the book Which Law Did You Break Today?, will also have a book signing. The event costs $25 for members and $40 for future members.
- On Wednesday, the Grace Episcopal Church in White Plains is hosting violinist Helena Baillie and pianist Tanya Gabrielian for its “Noonday Getaway Concert” series. Baillie is a prizewinner in the Munich ARD, Banff, and Tetris competitions. is emerging as an artist of uncommon communicative depth. She will join Gabrielian for a program which includes the Suite Italienne of Igor Stravinsky and selections from Felix Mendelssohn's Songs without Words. The event, which is free, begins noon. The church is located at 33 Church St.
- On Thursday, the Business Council of Westchester will hold a special forum informing businesses what they need to know about the Affordable Care Act. The event begins at 8 a.m. at the Crowne Plaza, located at 66 Hale Ave. in White Plains. Shannon Pettypiece, national healthcare reporter for Bloomberg News, will be the keynote breakfast speaker.
- Hope’s Door is hosting a fall luncheon Friday in conjunction with spotlighting “National Domestic Violence Awareness month” at the Renaissance Westchester Hotel, located at 80 West Red Oak Lane in West Harrison. This year’s theme is Broadway Matinee and the event will feature Tony-nominated and Emmy Award-winning Actress Liz Calloway, conductor and musical director Susan Anderson, and family attorney and advocate Alayne Katz as speakers. There will aslo be an silent auction for a number of items, including ticket to see the Broadway shows Cinderella, Newsies, and Mamma Mia. The event will take place from 11 a.m. to 1:45 p.m. General admission tickets starts at $150.
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.Write a new post...What do you want to share?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something