There are many case where no news is considered good news.
Wednesday morning isn’t one of them. It will be still extremely cold during the early commute.
A wind chill advisory is in effect for the area until 8 a.m Wednesday, with wind chill values expected to range from -8 to -15 through the overnight.
Fortunately, temperatures are expected to rise as high as the 20s, according to the National Weather Service.
Below are some tips from the Westchester County Health Department for dealing with hypothermia and frostbite:
Tips to prevent frostbite and hypothermia:
• Start with synthetic or silk thermal underwear to wick moisture away.
• Add fleece or wool sweaters or sweatshirts to trap heat and keep cold out.
• Top it off with a waterproof or water-repellent jacket and pants.
• Add gloves, scarf, a hat that covers the ears and sturdy shoes or boots with good traction.
• Go indoors when you begin to feel cold.