- Westchester Philharmonic musicians Robert Chausow, violin; and Ah Ling Neu, viola; will perform duets of Mozart and Martinu today at Grace Episcopal Church, located at 33 Church St. in White Plains. The performance begins at 12:10 p.m. The event is free, but donations are welcome.
- The Digital Arts Experience and Westchester Mommy are hosting a special panel discussion tonight for parents on ways to prevent their child from being bullied and cyberbullied. The panel will take place from 7 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. at the Digital Arts Experience, located at 170 Hamilton Ave., Suite 100, in White Plains. RSVP to info@WestchesterMommy.com.
- Aries Wine & Liquor, located at 128 W. Post Rd. in White Plains, is holding an in-store single malt Scotch whiskey tasting today at 7 p.m. The tasting will be conducted by Brad Jarvis, certified Master Of Whisky and The Malt Advocate Scotch Course Mentor, and Tony Russo, owner of Aries Wine & Spirits. The seminar kicks off with a seminar on scotch and whisky in general, followed by tasting of 6 single malts from different regions of Scotland and light hors d'oeuvres. It's a great opportunity to learn about Scotch from the best in the industry in an interactive and personal environment. All of the whiskey sampled will be available for purchase at a special price!
- The White Plains Library is hosting a seminar tonight at 7 p.m. on how to ease the financial stress during the holiday season. Refreshments served. This program is made possible by a generous grant from the Allstate Foundation to the White Plains Library Foundation. The White Plains Library is located at 100 Martine Ave.
- The White Plains Library is hosting Pajamarama: "Pie Time" tonight, from 7 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. Children ages 2 to 5 are invited to wear their pajamas and bring a stuffed animal friend for stories, songs, activities, and a bedtime snack. Tickets will be given out on a first-come, first-served basis 30 minutes before the start of the program. It is suggested that people arrive early. Contact Rosemary Rasmussen at (914) 422-1476 for more information.
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something