Editor's Note: This article was originally written by Lanning Taliaferro.
Sept. 28-29 is the last weekend of the Hudson River Valley Ramble 2013, with activities and events all over the region.
Here's a sampling of the many events in the lineup:
- Clarkstown's Annual Supervisor's Walk at Rockland Lake State Park. Narrative tours, easy strolls and strenuous hikes. Or just enjoy the scenery and views.
- Meandering Among the Millionaires' Mansions with the Friends of the Old Croton Aqueduct
- Westchester Wilderness Walk at the Westchester Land Trust in Pound Ridge
- Ghost Town History Hiking Tour of Doodletown near Bear Mountain
- Hudson River Cruise from Peekskill to West Point and back again
Or take the opportunity to explore the middle Hudson region. Discover a secret garden, tour a farm or hike to a historic fire watch tower! See the Hudson Valley Ramble's full list here.