Is your New Year’s Resolution the same as last year…to get healthy and loss weight. Well, have you stopped indulging? Are you still having some homemade “coquito” (Porto Rican eggnog) with half a Panettone? We over indulge on food. Sometimes we need comfort and find it in food. Other times, we don’t know how to eat and just sit on the couch.
As a result of eating incorrectly and living stationary lives we gain weight and feel lousy. Every New Year’s Eve we snap out of it and make that New Year’s Resolution. We join the gym. We are “so called” determined. We go for the week and…no more. Why? Well, we work all day. We have to pick up the kids, drive them around. We are tired. EXCUSES..EXCUSES..EXCUSES.
I’ve been there. I have given every excuse known to man. I know what it’s like to wake up get the kids off to school. Volunteer for this and that. Go to the office. Go to the store, cook, etc. So eventhough I was a member to the gym and enjoyed the classes I didn’t go. Not until I made the determined decision to lose weight and get healthy did I lose 50 pounds. By the way 50lbs is the average weight of a 5 year old child.
What can help you keep that New Year’s Resolution THIS YEAR?... WEIGHT LOSS TEAM CHALLENGE. I give this advise as someone who tried to lose weight and couldn’t. I joined this gym and that gym. I would lose 10lbs and that was it. Eventually, I gained it back. In 2008 I joined a gym, once again, but this time I got a personal trainer.
Really, Really, Good Reasons why you should join the Will2lose Team Challenge.
- You don’t know how to start. You’ve made the decision to get healthy. Now what? How many times a week should you workout? How do you know if you are using the right amount of weight? Are you doing the exercise safely and effectively. What’s the difference between cardiovascular and resistant training? The questions go on and on. A personal trainer is not just there to count how many squats you do. Personal Trainers are here to teach, challenge and motivate.
- You are working out but not seeing the results you want. Our personal trainers develop programs so that you see results. They can teach and guide you to better choices. In each session you will learn how muscles work and which are the most effective exercises for them.
- You were losing weight on your own but your body hit a plateau. This may be for a few reasons.
- Your body isn’t being challenged. Your routine can’t stay the same. Your program must progress. You should “overload” your muscles.
- It could be that you are mentally bored with your routine.
- What are you eating? Your nutritionist appointments with Dr. Vito will make a big difference.
- You have an injury or illness. Our experienced trainers will work with you to create a program to, heal and avoid an injury, and even decrease heart disease, diabetes or arthritis.
Your trainer will push you to the next level by encouraging and motivation you. He or she will email or text you for support and encouraging words. You can log on to our facebook and twitter any time of day.
Don’t just say you want to get fit and healthy. Do it this year. Being healthy outweighs everything. Why deal with knee and back pain, hypertension, diabetes or even cancer. And how about just looking and feeling really good. Make that leap to a new, better, healthier 2013. The WEIGHT LOSS TEAM CHALLENGE can help you on your journey to success. The next session starts in Jan. Don’t miss out. Spots are filling in.