.
Sisters of the Divine Compassion
The Sisters of the Divine Compassion are a community of Roman Catholic Sisters, lay Associates, and Companions founded to provide religious and practical vocational education for immigrant New York City street children in the 1860s.  Visit our website at http://divinecompassiononline.org/
In 1890, our Foundress, Mother Mary Veronica, bought property at 52 North Broadway in White Plains as a summer get-away for the children and as a novitiate for new Sisters. Eventually Good Counsel Academy Elementary and High Schools replaced the children’s dormitories, and Good Counsel College opened on the property. The Good Counsel campus now houses the convent and the Academy schools (Pre-K through 12), the administrative offices of the congregation, the RDC Center for Human Development and Counseling, the Divine Compassion Spirituality Center, the White Plains Center for Compassion, the Shepherd’s Flock, and Mapleton Catering and Conference Center. A national Catholic church community and several non-profits also rent offices here.  For more on our ministries, see: Compassion Matters – Pass It On
Manager Of
Sisters of the Divine Compassion's Blog
65 Posts, 1 Follower
Sisters of the Divine Compassion's thoughts and ruminations